1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
2. Brush the inside of 16 paper baking cups with melted butter. Place each cup inside another paper cup. Place on a baking tray.
3. Mix the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder together in a mixing bowl. Beat the eggs well. Stir in the crème fraîche.
4. Pour into the flour mixture and mix carefully; don’t stir too long! Fill the prepared baking cups with the dough.
5. Press one teaspoon of preserve into the centre of the dough in each one. Place the muffins straight into preheated oven (200°C / 400°F) on the middle rack for 12-15 minutes.
6. Serve warm or cooled, but as fresh as possible. Best served cut in half and spread with Bonne Maman Strawberry Preserves.