250g/500g – Ground beef 1tbsp – Olive oil
250g – Pork mince (optional)
80g – Prosciutto, finely diced
80g Mortadella, finely diced
30g Celery, finely diced
30g Carrots, finely diced
30 g Onions, finely diced
3 Bay leafs
2 Stalks thyme
150g – Whole peeled tomatoes (crushed)
100g – Red wine
1 stock cube
500ml – water
01. Bring a pot of salted water to boil, adding the pasta and cooking until al dente. Drain and set aside.
01. While the pasta cooks, sweat the onions, carrots, celery in some olive oil in a large pot.
02. Add the prosciutto and mortadella, cooking for about 10 minutes. Add the beef mince and pork mice, cook until liquid has been released and evaporated. Add in red wine and evaporate the alcohol.
03. Add the crushed whole peeled tomatoes, stirring well.
04. Add half the water with stock cube and simmer until almost all the liquid has evaporated.
05. Add the pasta to the pot, stirring to coat in the ragu, and serve.